With all of us in stay-at-home mode, and because there has never been a better reason to indulge in some extra self-care, we have put together a beautiful facial treatment that will leave you feeling like you've just walked out of the world's most luxurious spa.
You will need just a few products, and we can guarantee you will come away with your skin glowing and your mind deeply relaxed.
Our 100% certified organic treatment will deliver pure, concentrated and balanced nutrition - without the preservatives, emulsifiers and synthetics. If you don't have the suggested Mokosh products on hand don't worry! We have included some possible substitutes for you that you may have at home.
Step 1: Prepare your Space and Prime your Mind
You will need the bathroom to yourself and, ideally, some calming music to help you relax. Get your products together, wrap yourself in a cosy dressing gown, and close the door on the rest of the world!
Now, take a few deep breaths and remember that taking time for yourself is truly time well spent. When you feel taken care of, you will be far better equipped to be generous to others and function at your best. This is not an indulgence, and it's not a waste of time - it's an investment in your quality of life. So let's being your much-deserved organic spa treatment!
Step 2: The Facial
We are going to do a wonderful double-cleanse that is not only detergent-free, it will load your skin with a range of vitamins, antioxidants, humectants and essential fatty acids, as well as skin-soothing anti-inflammatory botanicals.
Start with our beautiful oil-based cleanser, Makeup Remover & Cleansing Oil. This product removes oil-soluble toxins and pollutants and performs a deep pore cleanse. At the same time it will replenish omega-6 fatty acids and deliver vitamin E, b-carotene and other antioxidants to the skin. Its key ingredient is our certified organic pumpkin seed oil. Pumpkin seed oil is a deep brown-green colour because of its extremely high content of b-carotene - a powerful antioxidant and potent skin nutrient. We blend this with jojoba, sesame and baobab oils which will take nutrients deep into the pores, lifting away impurities and bringing precious omega-6 fatty acids to fortify your skin's barrier.
Possible substitutes: organic pumpkin seed oil, sesame oil (not toasted sesame oil used in cooking) or jojoba oil.
Take one or two pumps and massage onto dry skin in circular motions, starting at the chin and working up to the forehead. This will take 3-5 minutes. To remove, run a soft flannel under warm water and press onto the skin. Rinse the flannel and repeat until excessive oil has diminished and your skin feels lovely and soft to the touch.
The second part of our cleanse uses our our Facial Cleanser, Exfoliator & Mask. This 3-in-1 is made from a blend of herb powders that are mixed with water to a smooth paste and massaged over the skin. It will cleanse away water-soluble impurities while delivering vitamins, antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and humectants. At the same time, it performs a gentle micro-exfoliation to clear away superficial cellular debris.
Possible substitute: certified organic oatmeal, almond meal and coconut flour blended in equal quantities.
Massage the paste over the face, neck and décolletage using very gentle, circular motions. Leave on the skin as a nourishing and detoxifying mask for 10 minutes or so. While you're waiting, take a sip of your favourite herbal tea. As soon as your skin starts to feel tight, remove using a warm, moist flannel, rinsing repeatedly under running water until all traces of powder are removed. Gently pat the skin dry.
Tone and rebalance skin pH with a mist spray of our Pure Hydrosol Toner.
Now it's time for your Ayurvedic face massage which we call the 'face lift' because it enhances circulation, improves muscle tone and eases tension in the face, making you feel and look wonderful.
You will need a few drops of one of our beauty serums: Elderberry & Chia Seed Beauty Serum or Raspberry & Pomegranate Beauty Serum
Possible substitutes: certified organic jojoba oil, sesame oil (not from the kitchen), avocado oil.
For the massage, repeat each instruction 3-4 times, using a small amount of oil and pressing very lightly without dragging the skin, as the skin of the face and neck is very delicate.
1. Begin by gently sweeping the palms upwards from collarbone to chin.
2. Place the tip of your right index finger above the chin and the right middle finger below the chin, then slide up the jaw line to the right ear. Repeat on the left side.
3. Use the index fingers to massage from chin to nose along the smile line, then using the palms massage the cheeks upwards from the edge of the mouth to the temples.
4. Place the ring finger beneath the eyebrow where it meets the nose and glide outwards along the eyebrow using a very light touch, following the eye socket around beneath the eye and back to the starting point.
5. Place the index and middle fingers beside each nostril and massage up the length of the nose continuing to the middle of the forehead.
6. Using the middle and ring fingers of one hand, massage from the bridge of the nose between the eyebrows upwards to the hairline.
7. Using all 4 fingers of the right hand, sweep the fingers from left to right across the forehead, then use the left hand and sweep fingers from right to left across the forehead.
Finish the massage by gently massaging the facial 'Marma' points. These are energy points similar to those used in acupuncture which can stimulate the healing process. Gently massage in a circular clockwise motion using the middle finger.
1. Centre of chin
2. The corners of the mouth
3. Between nose and upper lip
4. The outer corners of the nose
5. Centre of cheekbones
6. Lower lids, just above the cheekbones – this skin is too delicate for massage, just press gently
7. Junction between eyebrows and nose, on the lower part of the eyebrow ridge
9. Third eye (6th chakra)
10. Crown of the head: place hands on crown of head and move back and forth rapidly
If you wish, you can finish with one of our face creams. Just check how your skin feels to work out whether any additional moisture or protection is needed. If so, apply a dab to forehead, chin, and each cheek and massage into the skin using very gentle upward motions. Choose our Pure Face & Body Cream, Rich Face Cream or Light Face Cream.
Your organic facial is now complete! Now is the time to do something you love that you rarely find time for. Take a nap, chat to a friend, or dig into a novel while you soak up the benefits of your organic treatment.