Finding a skin care routine that is right for you can be incredibly challenging - particularly if your skin is sensitive, if you are repelled by certain fragrances, or when your skin is constantly changing because of hormonal fluxes. Cleansing your skin correctly is probably the most critical part of your skin care routine (read more here). But choosing the right moisturiser is not always straightforward.
For example, our skin is drier in cooler weather, and so it needs extra protection to prevent flaking and itchiness. It will also change with our hormonal state, producing more sebum at certain times of the month. As we age, sebum production tends to drop, and therefore skin is drier - often dramatically at menopause, although for some women sebum production increases resulting in menopausal acne. Other factors like diet, stress levels and quality of sleep can also influence our skin's health, and thus our choice of moisturiser.
We have made it simple to choose the right moisturiser - whether your skin is oily, combination, normal, dry, sensitive or mature, we have a moisturiser that offers the right level of protection for your skin.
Read on to find out how easy this is to do...
Our 5 Moisturisers - from Lightest to Richest
1. Elderberry & Chia Seed Beauty Serum is our lightest moisturiser, rapidly absorbed and designed for oily and combination skin. It is extremely rich in linoleic which is often deficient in oily skin, and has been shown to normalise sebum and rebuild the skin's barrier function. It may also be used as an eye and neck serum for these skin types. It is free of essential oils and suitable for sensitive skin.*
Step up your level of protection with either Raspberry & Pomegranate Beauty Serum, or the occasional use of one of our creams.
2. Raspberry & Pomegranate Beauty Serum is our lightest option for normal, dry and mature skin, and may also be used as an eye and neck serum for these skin types. It is free of essential oils and suitable for sensitive skin.*
Step up the level of protection by switching to one of our creams, or layering a cream over the serum.
3. Light Face Cream is suitable for normal, dry and mature skin types. It is very rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids, and is readily absorbed by these skin types. It also offers a good level of protection from the elements.
To step up your skin's level of protection, layer one of our Serums under it, or switch to our Rich Face Cream.
4. Pure Face & Body Cream suits normal, dry and mature skin types. If your skin is sensitive and needs a protective cream, start with this product because it is free of essential oils, and is therefore the least likely to cause a sensitivity reaction*.
To step up the level of protection, layer one of our serums under it or, if you are not sensitive to it*, switch to our Rich Face Cream.
5. Rich Face Cream is suitable for dry and mature skin types and is our richest, most protective cream. It includes abundant barrier-protective oils and is also rich in nutrients. It is extremely nourishing and will sink rapidly into dehydrated skin, helping to plump, smooth and soften it.
For an extra nutrient boost in very drying conditions, layer on top or Raspberry & Pomegranate Serum.
Still not sure?
We are here to help!
Complete our Questionnaire and we'll help you find the right product for your skin.
Try some samples and discover first-hand which product suits you best!
*If your skin is sensitive, we always recommend trying our samples before you invest in a larger size.